Located on a gentle NW-facing slope at the W foothills of the E-W Slieve na Calliagh ridge. It is indicated as a small polygonal enclosure only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a small enclosure (int. diam. 17m) defined by a drystone-built wall (Wth 1.2m; H 0.5m), now largely collapsed, with an entrance (Wth 1.4m) at SE. At the centre is a grass-covered cairn (diam. 10m; H c. 1m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 1 November 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage