Situated on a gentle N-facing slope. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 32m NE-SW; 29m NW-SE) defined by an earthen bank (at E: Wth of base 4.8m; int. H 0.15m; ext. H 1.2m) and an outer fosse (at E: Wth of top 6.8m; Wth of base 2.5m; ext. D 0.35m). The original entrance is not identified. The interior is overlain by a NE-SW field bank NW of the centre and is less visible NW of this feature. Archaeological testing (07E0846) by C. Duffy c. 120m to the NW at the closest point produced no related material (excavations.ie 2007:1258).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 1 November 2018
Amended: 9 March 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.