Located in a slight col with higher ground to the NW and SE, and at the top of a S-facing slope. This is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 40m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’ and as a D-shaped field on the 1908 edition. This is a D-shaped grass-covered area (dims 51m NNE-SSW; 41m WNW-ESE) defined by an earthen bank (Wth of base 2-3m; int. H 0.6-1m; ext. H 1-1.6m) with some bushes and a straight NNE-SSW field wall (Wth 1.4m; H 0.8m) at W, but there is no evidence of the monument W of this feature. There is no visible fosse and the only entrance is a gap (Wth of base 1m) at SSW.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 1 November 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage