Situated on a fairly level landscape at the base of the N-facing slope of Sleve na Calliagh ridge, with a slight rise c. 50m to the N. This is a subcircular grass-covered mound (dims 10.7m NW-SE; 8.5m NE-SW; H 0.5m at NW to 1m at SE). Just SE of the mound’s centre stones protrude through the sod forming lines at SW (L 1.5m) and NW (L 1.4m). Burnt stone has been recovered from the mound. Fulacht fia (ME009-080----) is c. 120m to the NW. Archaeological testing (05E1087) by P.D Sweetman c. 100m to the SE produced no related material (excavatioins.ie 2005:1165).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 1 February 2018
Amended: 29 January 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.