Located on the summit of a NW-SE ridge, it is described as a ‘Fort’ but not represented within a rectangular wood on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map but the wood has been removed without trace. This is a circular, slightly dished (D 0.4-0.6m) and grass-covered area (diam. 18m N-S; 18m E-W) with some tree-stumps defined by a wide earthen bank (Wth of base 4-8m; int. H 0.4-1.2m; ext. H 0.9m). There is no visible fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage