Situated on a slight E-facing slope. It is depicted as an extension attached to a NE-SW boundary wood on demesne land and projecting SE on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a D-shaped overgrown area (diam. c. 25m) defined by an overgrown earth and stone bank (at SE: Wth of base 3.5m; H 0.3m; ext. H c. 0.6m) with an outer ditch (at SE: Wth of top 3m; ext. D 0.3m). The straight side is at N, but there is no identifiable original entrance. It is thought locally to be a graveyard although no grave-markers are visible. There is a rectangular house at N inside the bank which is intermittently visible as a platform.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.