Situated on a local prominence in an undulating landscape, and c. 80m S of a small canalised WNW-ESE section of a stream. It is depicted as a circular enclosure described as a ‘Fort’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is a domed and grass-covered mound (diam. of base 30m N-S; 30m E-W; H 3-4m) with some trees, which could be entirely natural.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage