Situated at the highest point of a broad NW-SE ridge. A circular enclosure is depicted on a manuscript map (21 F 14 (44)) of 1802 in NLI, and it is represented as a D-shaped enclosure (dims c. 25m NW-SE; c. 20m NE-SW) with a curved edge SW-NW, perhaps the last remaining quadrant of a rath, on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. It is now within a farm complex.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by; Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.