Situated on a hillock. A circular embanked enclosure is depicted only on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map within a small wood. A small fragment of an earthen bank (Wth of base 2.8m; int. H c. 0.8m; ext. H 1.3m) and an outer fosse (Wth of base 1.4m; ext. D 0.5m) at the NW edge of an enclosure survived in 1968 (SRM file), the rest having been quarried away (O’Connell 1958, 17). It is absorbed within a farm complex since 2000 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.