Situated at the summit of a short and low NE-SW ridge in a fairly level landscape. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35m) with some trees only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, the perimeter of which is clipped by a NE-SW field bank at SE. It is a slightly raised and grass-covered area (diam. 27m NE-SW; 25m NW-SE) defined by a scarp (at S: Wth 2.5m; H 0.5m), but the perimeter is incorporated into a NW-SE field bank at N and a NE-SW road bank at SE.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.