Located on a rise in an undulating landscape. This is depicted as a D-shaped embanked enclosure truncated by a NW-SE field bank at NE on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’ and as a similar hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is a D-shaped grass and scrub-covered area (dims 32.5m NW-SE; 18.5m NE-SW) defined by an overgrown earthen bank (at S: Wth of base 3.8m; int. H 0.7m; ext. H 1.5m) surviving SE-W-NW and truncated by a NW-SE field bank at NE. There is no visible fosse or identifiable original entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.