Located towards the bottom of a NE-facing slope. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 40m) is represented on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and an arc of hachures is represented on the 1912 edition NW-E (Chord c. 40m). This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. c. 38m N-S; c. 37m E-W) defined by a slight scarp (max. dims at N: Wth 2.8m; H 1.3m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.