Located on a ridge towards the outer, N edge of a shelf. It is represented as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a small enclosed copse on the 1912 edition. This is an oval, overgrown area (dims 31.5m E-W; 21m N-S) with some rock outcrop that slopes down to the E. It is defined by a fosse feature (Wth 2-2.8m; max. D 0.4m) SW-W-NE and a low scarp (H 0.4m to 1m at SE) elsewhere. An original entrance is not identified. Coniferous trees were planted outside it at some time, and it is now surrounded by a field bank and hedge.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.