Situated towards the bottom of the NE-facing slope of a hill. This is represented as a subrectangular embanked enclosure described as a ‘Fort’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a rectangular hachured feature on the 1912 edition. It is a rectangular grass-covered area (dims 37m E-W; 34m N-S) defined by earthen banks (Wth of base 4-4.4m; int. H 0.2-0.6m; ext. H 1-1.8m) and hedges on each side except the W where there is a stone wall. There is no visible fosse but the original entrance is probably a gap (Wth of base 2.5m) towards the N end of the E side, which is slightly convex.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.