Situated in a col between slightly higher ground c. 100m to the N and c. 50m to the SW with lower ground to the NW and SE. It is depicted as a small embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a D-shaped hachured feature (dims c. 45m N-S; c. 25m E-W) truncated by a N-S field bank at E on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map. It was recorded in 1968 (SMR file) as a subcircular overgrown area (dims c. 30m N-S; c. 23m E-W) defined by a scarp (at W: Wth 1.8m; H 0.5m). The visible monument had been removed by 2000 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.