Located on a knoll at the bottom of a NW-facing slope, it would have been in full view of Walterstown House c. 150m to the W before farm buildings intervened. It is depicted as a tree-ring on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a raised and grass-covered platform (diam. 39m NW-SE; 38m NE-SW) defined by a scarp (H 1.4m generally to 2.6m at S). The S quadrant was quarried away before the platform was planted with what are now mature deciduous trees. There is no indication of a fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 February 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.