Situated on top of Garryard Hill. A large oval wood (dims c. 170m N-S; c. 130m E-W) planted with deciduous trees is depicted on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. Within the wood at N is a raised semicircular area (diam. c. 80m) defined by steep scarp W-N-E, which melds into the natural slope elsewhere and may be entirely natural.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 9 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.