Situated on a rise in an undulating landscape. It is depicted as a circular area (diam. c. 35m) with trees on the perimeter on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is describe as a ‘Fort’ and it is immediately adjacent to Baltrasna House. This is a raised grass-covered platform (diam. c. 40m) defined by a stone-faced scarp (H 1-1.4m) and with deciduous trees growing on the perimeter. There is no visible bank, fosse or entrance, and it may be a tree-ring.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.