Situated at the S edge of a slight rise in an undulating landscape. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 20m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’ and as a circular hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is an oval grass-covered mound (dims of base 23.4m WNW-ESE; 16.8m NNE-SSW; max. H 2.7m at WNW) that is quarried at the centre.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.