Located on a SE-facing slope. An area of about 12 acres (c. 4.5 ha) contains relict field banks or silted drains creating small rectangular fields (dims c. 40m x c. 20m), some of which have cultivation ridges. Two house sites placed close together and defined by wall footings are identified at the W edge of the fields. The fields were probably associated with Raffin House, just to the N, which was depicted as roofed on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and was evident in 1984 as a rectangular area (ext. dims 15.7m N-S: 5.9m) defined by stone foundations (Wth 0.6m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 April 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage