Located on a slight rise in a gently undulating landscape. A small feature (diam. c. 20m) is depicted on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map and described as a ‘Moat’ on both. It was removed in 1967 and only a bare gravel and stone area (dims 43m N-S; 29m E-W) was visible in 1968 (SMR file), but it was described locally as an earthen mound (diam. c. 12m; H c. 1.5m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 2 August 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage