Located at the N edge of a plateau, close to the crest of the N-facing slope. This is depicted only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is annotated in italic lettering as ‘Standing Stone’. This stone (H 1.05m) is described in 1968 (SMR file) as having a rectangular cross-section (dims of base 0.5-0.7m NW-SE; 0.35-0.5m NE-SW) that narrows to the rounded and polished top (dims 0.3m NW-SE; 0.2m NE-SW).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 3 August 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage