Situated at the highest point of an undulating plateau. A large embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 65m N-S; c. 65m E-W) annotated as a ‘Fort’ is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. c. 50m E-W) defined by an earthen bank (at NW: Wth of base 3m; int. H 0.4m; ext. H 1m) S-NW that is incorporated into a field bank NW-NE but there is no other clear evidence of the perimeter.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 3 August 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage