Situated on a SE-facing slope. The faint and uncertain cropmark of a subcircular enclosure (diam. c. 42m N-S) defined by a single fosse is visible on aerial photograph (CUCAP: BGL 20) from the 1970s. It is also visible on Apple Maps, which utilises a survey conducted by Bluesky International during June 2018 and on this image an entrance (Wth c. 8m) is visible at ENE. The fosse is connected with the drains of unmapped field banks that approach from the WSW and NNW, and at S a short drain connects it with a NE-SW field drain from a bank that is depicted on the 1836 and 1907 editions of the OS 6-inch map.
See the attached enhanced aerial view from Apple Maps
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 27 January 2020
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.