Situated on top of a broad hill and within a large oval enclosure that is depicted as woodland on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map, although this feature is not marked. This is a slightly raised and circular but overgrown area (diam. c. 35m) defined by a scarp (H 0.7m at W to 1.2m at S). There is no visible fosse but the entrance may have been between ENE and ESE where the perimeter melds in to the ground.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 November 2018
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.