Located just off the N-facing slope of a slight ridge in an undulating landscape. It is depicted as an antiquity on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a subcircular grass-covered area (dims 21.5m N-S; c. 18m E-W) that slopes down to the N. It is defined by an earthen bank (at W: Wth of base 2.7m; int. H 0.6m; ext. H 0.9m) with some bushes, but the perimeter is largely quarried away NE-SE and there are old quarry holes in the perimeter at SW and W. There is no visible fosse or identifiable original entrance and a mature deciduous tree is growing in the interior. It might be a tree-ring.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 November 2018
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.