Located around the top of a low E-W ridge in an undulating landscape. It is depicted only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map as a large subcircular field, and is known locally as a ‘fort’. This is a large grass-covered area (dims 110m N-S; 105m E-W) defined by a wide grass-covered bank (Wth c. 10m; H c. 0.2-0.5m) that is incorporated into a field bank (at E: Wth of base 4.5m; int. H 0.6m; ext. H 1.3m) and hedge ENE-SSW. There may an wide entrance under the field bank at ESE.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.