Situated in an undulating low-lying landscape. It is depicted as a circular embanked and wooded feature on the 1836 edition of the OS -6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’ and it is depicted as a small wood on the 1908 edition. This is a circular grass-covered and slightly domed area (diam. 58m N-S; 56m E-W) defined by a scarp (at W: Wth 2m; H 1.1m) and hedge. There is no visible fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 November 2018
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.