Situated on rise in an undulating landscape. A small D-shaped embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 40m NW-SE; c. 35-40m NE-SW) with straight sides at SE and SW is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. No archaeological feature is visible at ground level in improved pasture, but it was probably a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 November 2018
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.