Situated in a hollow in a low-lying landscape. It is depicted as a fort on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is described in 1969 as a large oval area (dims 73m NE-SW; 54m NW-SE) defined by a low grass-covered earth and stone bank with bushes and an outer fosse or drain, which was barely traceable NNE-ENE. The entrance is likely to have been the gap (Wth of base 2m) and causeway (Wth of top 4m; H 0.35m) at SE. The visible monument had been removed by 2000 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 November 2018
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.