Situated on a shelf at the W foothills of the Slieve na Calliagh ridge with the view only restricted E-S. It is not depicted on any edition of the OS 6-inch map, although it was located within a small wood on the 1836 edition. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 35m NW-SE; 34m NE-SW) defined by an earthen bank (at E: Wth of base 6m; int. H 0.8m; ext. H 1.1m) that is reduced to a straightened scarp (at W: Wth 2.3m; H 1m) W-N. There is no visible fosse but there is an outer stone facing on the bank E-S, and the original entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 8 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.