Situated on a rise at the N edge of the col between Carrickbrack to the SW and the summit of Slieve na Calliagh to the E. This is a circular grass-covered mound (diam. of top 4.5m N-S; 3.9m E-W; H 0.2m) defined by a fosse (Wth of top 3-4.2m; ext. D 0.1-0.3m) from an outer earthen bank (Wth of base 2-3m; ext. H 0.1-0.2m). There may be entrances at NE (Wth c. 3m) and SW (Wth c. 3m) that might also be due to wear (max. ext. diam. 15m N-S; 14.2m E-W). The cairn (ME015-007----) is c. 60m to the E. This monument is not accessible to the public at the moment.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 January 2019
This monument is subject to a preservation order made under the National Monuments Acts 1930 to 2014 (PO no. 23/1977).Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.