Situated on a SW shoulder of Slieve na Calliagh. Conwell (1866, 369-70; 1873, 65) describes an avenue that might be a stone row (L c. 14.6m) of four stones extending E from cairn N (ME015-009001-), but now only this pair of standing stones remain and perhaps this is all that was ever present. The stones, 6.8m apart, form a N-S alignment. The S stone (dims 1.3m x 0.6m; L 1.5m) is prone and has probably fallen S. The N stone (dims 1.45m x 0.35-0.4m; H 1.85m) is upright, has a pointed top and is aligned NW-SE with its highest point towards the SE end. This monument is not accessible to the public at the moment.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 11 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.