A plaque commemorating Philip Tuite was erected in 1692 in the old church parish church of Loughcrew (ME015-027----), but it was moved to St Kaernan's Church of Ireland church (O'Reilly 1958, 52) c. 1840. St Kaernan's had been built as a replacement for the medieval parish church, and when it closed c. 1990 the memorial was moved to St. Bridget's Church of Ireland church in Oldcastle (ME009-018003-).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 September 2014Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.