Located on a shelf towards the top of the SE-facing slope of a prominent hill. It is depicted on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 17.3m NNE-SSW) defined by an earthen bank (Wth of base 3-4.5m; int. H 0.5-0.6m; ext. H 0.7-0.9m), and a slight outer fosse or drain (Wth of top 3.3-4.2m; ext. D 0.1-0.3m) NE-E-SW. There is no visible original entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 8 January 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage