Situated on a small SW-NE spur towards the bottom of a gentle E-facing slope. A small circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 25m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a hachured feature on the 1908 edition. This is a small D-shaped grass-covered area (dims 32m E-W; 24m N-S) with a slight bank (Wth of base 5.5m; int. H 0.6m; ext. H 0.5m) at S, which is largely reduced to a low scarp. There is no visible fosse or identifiable original entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.