Situated on a low SW-NE spur in an undulating low-lying landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a tree-ring on the 1908 edition. It was thought to be a tree-ring (diam. c. 25m) defined by a slight earthen planted with deciduous trees.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.