A cross-slab with a ringed cross has been recorded by Crawford (1913, 328, No. 4) and further cross-slabs came to light in the 1960s and 1970s (Moore and Kenny 1976, 35 (12)). At the moment there are six sandstone cross-slabs incorporated into the inner face of the graveyard wall close to the entrance at SW. A slab (dims 0. 97m x 0.42m) has a cross in circle and T-shaped terminals inscribed with double lines but the extremities of the arms do not survive. The words OR DO can be read above the arms and SOM SA beneath them.
See the attached image.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 3 December, 2014
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage