Located at the bottom of a steep NE-facing slope. A small circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 20m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a hachured feature (ext. diam. c. 30-35m) on the 1908 edition. This is a subcircular grass-covered platform (dims 18m N-S; 14.3m E-W) defined by a scarp (at WNW: Wth 0.7m; H 0.4m). There is no visible fosse or bank.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.