Situated on a fairly level landscape. It is depicted as a rectangular hachured feature only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a large rectangular grass-covered area (dims 60-75m NW-SE; 46m NE-SW) defined by a slight bank on the NW and NE sides and by external shallow fosses on every side. An original entrance is not identified. The bailey of Diamor motte (ME015-070----) is c. 20m to the N, and this enclosure may have served as an outer bailey.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.