Situated on a shelf on a SE-facing slope, it is depicted as an embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35-40m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted on the 1908 edition as a circular copse. It is described as a tree-ring defined by a small earthen bank and ditch which had been extensively quarried in the interior.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.