Located on the NW-facing slope of Seefiin Hill. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a hachured feature on the 1908 edition. It had been removed during 1969 and was visible as the vegetation mark of a circular enclosure (int. diam. c. 33m NE-SW; c. 30m NW-SE) defined by a band of thistles. Rath (ME015-075----) is c. 160m to the SE on the summit of Seefin.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.