Located on top of a little hillock in a low-lying landscape. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is represented as a bivallate enclosure on the 1908 edition. This monument was removed in 1953 but was described locally as having had two banks. It was visible in 1969 as a circular grass-covered area (int. diam. 37m N-S; 33.5m E-W) defined by traces of a fosse visible as a slight dip (at S: Wth 5.5m) and as a vegetation change (at W: Wth c. 7.5m) elsewhere (SMR file). It is excluded from forestry since before 1995 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 January 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.