Situated on a slight ridge in a low-lying landscape. It is depicted as a small hachured feature only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 12.7m E-W; 10m N-S) defined by an earthen bank (Wth of base 3-3.5m; int. H 0.2-0.3m; ext. H 0.6m). There is no visible fosse or entrance, nor is there any evidence of its use as a decorative landscape feature.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.