Situated at the S edge of a plain and overlooking the N bank of a W-E section of the River Blackwater, with the stream c. 55m to the S. It is depicted as a rectangular embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 35m NNE-SSW; c. 25-30m) with some bushes only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. It was visible in 1969 as a rectangular area (dims 29.5m N-S; 18m E-W) defined by a low earthen bank (at E: Wth of base c. 5m). It could be a moated site, although it is not visible on any available aerial images.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 25 February 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.