Located on a rise on a S-facing slope. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and as a circular hachured feature on the 1912 25-inch map. It had been removed before 1968 (SMR file) and no archaeological feature is visible at ground level in pasture or on any aerial images.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 25 February 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.