Situated towards the top of the W-facing slope of a high hill. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30m) is depicted here on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Moat’, and a mound curtailed by property boundaries at N and E is depicted on the 1912 edition of the map. This is a circular defaced mound (diam. c. 15m; H c. 2m) truncated by property boundaries in the village of Crossakeel.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.