Situated at the S end of a N-S ridge. It is not depicted on any map but is visible on aerial photographs (ACAP: 307; 1580/81) and on later series. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 28.5m N-S; 26.5m E-W) defined by an earthen bank (at W: Wth of base 3.9m; int. H 0.3m; ext. H 1m; at E: Wth of base 5.9m; int. H 1m; ext. H 3m). There is no visible fosse but the bank is absent NE-E and the original entrance may have been there. Inside the perimeter at S is a raised house platform (max. ext. dims 8.6m E-W; 5.7m N-S; max. H 1m at SE) defined by grass-covered stone walls (Wth 0.6m) and with a causeway (Wth of top 2.2m) connecting it with the rath bank at SE, but a doorway is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.