Located towards the bottom of the SW-facing slope of Crossakeel Hill. It is depicted as an oval embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 55m NE-SW; c. 45m NW-SE) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’ and as a circular hachured feature on the 1912 edition. A scarp (H 0.4m) survives N-E-SSW (diam. 35.4m) around a grass-covered area but melds into the ground elsewhere.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.