Situated on a rise in a low-lying landscape, it is known locally as ‘Rath Hill’. This feature is not depicted on any OS 6-inch map but is visible on aerial photographs (ACAP: 307; 1567/ 58) and on some later series (Google Earth 07/05/2017). It is a low D-shaped and grass-covered platform (dims 39m NE-SW; 20m NW-SE) defined by a scarp (H 1m at N to 1.2m at W) SW-W-NE that merges into the slope elsewhere. There is no visible fosse and the ramp entrance (Wth of base 3m) is at WNW.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.